Pizza Casserole

So, I published this recipe previously, but this one is slightly different...and improved. I have omitted the brown sugar in favor of oregano as my sister suggested. I also have started serving it on top of pene pasta so I can call it Dinner instead of just being a snack. You could even make this a Supreme Pizza Casserole by adding mushrooms, olives, and green peppers!

1 pound ground beef
4 cloves garlic - chopped
1 onion - chopped
1/2 t salt
1/2 t sage
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t pepper
dash ginger
dash ground anise

4 oz pepperoni - chopped
1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes - drained
1 c shredded mozzarella
1 box penne pasta, prepared

  1. Brown beef with the garlic, onion, salt, sage, oregano, pepper, ginger, & anise
  2. Add the chopped pepperoni to the pan & heat through
  3. Place pasta in a baking dish & top with the meat mix & tomatoes then the cheese
  4. Pop in the oven until the cheese is brown & melty