Gingered Beef Stir-Fry

Until we tasted our first fresh, ripe, local veggie, my family & I were not veggie fans. As such I haven't many veggie-full recipes. Since then, I have been bale to participate in a lovely, local CSA from Graber Organic Farms. This is what I did with my most recent box of fresh veggies from them!

1 lb steak, sliced thin against the grain
2 T olive oil
1/4 c water
2 bunches broccoli
2 c sugar snap peas
3 spring onions, sliced thin
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
1 yellow summer squash, roughly chopped
1 T candied ginger, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed

Sauce:
3/4 c chicken broth
1/8 c red wine
1/8 c brown sugar
2 t olive oil
2 t cornstarch

  1. Heat oil in a wok or large pan until smoking.
  2. Sear beef quickly in oil.
  3. Add broccoli, peas, & water.
  4. Cover pan & steam veggies for 3 minutes.
  5. Uncover pan & let water evaporate, about 2 minutes.
  6. Add reaming veggies, ginger, & garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
  7. Whisk sauce together & add to center of pan, stirring until thickened & veggies are coated.
  8. Serve over rice or fresh spinach.



0 comments: