Candied Roasted Pecans

This should work with other nuts as well, but I don't know. I just l-o-v-e pecans & I look forward to that time of year when the smell of German Roasted Pecans fills our local mall. Now I can get that same flavor any time of year right in my own home!

2 egg whites
1 T vanilla extract
2 1/2 c pecans, whole or halved
1/2 c turbinado sugar (Sugar In The Raw)
1 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t salt
sprinkle of cayenne pepper for heat, optional
paper bag, oatmeal container, or other covered container
  1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees
  2. Whip egg whites & vanilla together until foamy but not fluffy (about 2 minutes with my handheld mixer)
  3. Fold in pecans
  4. Pour sugar, salt, cinnamon, & cayenne pepper into paper bag & shake to mix.
  5. Add coated pecans to bag & shake to coat
  6. Spread pecans onto parchment paper in a  rimmed baking sheet 
  7. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
  8. COOL PECANS 30 min before eating (THEY ARE HOT!)

0 comments: